Clean, sound furniture is welcomed by charities to pass on to people in need or to sell to raise funds for their community programs. But please call your nearest Charity Op Shop first to see whether they have room and/or can pick up.
- For electrical or white goods check with your nearest Charity Op Shop to see whether it has the facility to accept your donation.
- TVs and computers can be deposited at the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme free drop-off point near you.
- Mobile phone collection boxes are available in most Salvos Stores around the country.
- Industrial rags can be made from clean white materials such as t-shirts, towels, shirts, flannelette shirts, pyjamas and sheets.
- Commercial quantities from workplaces and businesses are also accepted by charities, but please enquire in advance.
If you doubt the acceptability of your goods, ask yourself, would you give this item to a friend in need?
Never, ever donate rubbish….or coat hangers, gas bottles, barbeques or dirty mattresses!